The Command Commendation is awarded to recognize deeds or activities beyond the demand of normal duty. The Command Commendations may only be awarded by the following authorities:
- Vice Chief of the Defence Staff;
- Chief of the Maritime Staff;
- Chief of the Land Staff;
- Chief of the Air Staff;
- Chief Military Personnel Command;
- Commander of Canada Command;
- Commander of the Canadian Expeditionary Force Command;
- Commander of the Canadian Operational Support Command;
- Commander of the Canadian Special Operations Forces Command;
- Deputy Commander NORAD;
Nominations shall be submitted in accordance with A-AD-200-000/AG-000, The Honours, Flags and Heritage Structure of the Canadian Forces.
ELIGIBILITY & CRITERIA
The Command Commendation may be awarded to:
- members of the Canadian Forces (CF) who perform a deed or activity beyond the demands of normal duty;
- civilian members of the Defence Team who perform a deed or activity beyond the demands of normal duty and under exceptional circumstances; and
- members of the armed forces of a country other than Canada for an achievement or for meritorious service that is of benefit to Canada or the CF.
The insignia for Command Commendations is a silver bar bearing three maple leaves.
The insignia is worn on the uniform in accordance with A-AD-265-000/AG-001, CF Dress Instructions.
Command Commendations are accompanied by scrolls signed by an appropriate NDHQ group principal or a commander of a command.
This product is not available